Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thinglink: Interactive Images for your Classroom Pages

I can't believe I haven't talked about this web app yet!  Thinglink is a great little app that allows the user to create interactive images by simply copying and pasting links on top of the image to create a richer learning experience for the viewer as well as creating a one-stop location where teachers can add interactive content that students can access quickly and easily.

I use Thinglink so much as an art teacher, that I have just adopted it into my daily uses until I directed a friend (also an art teacher) to some resources I had in a specific content area.  She immediately asked "how did you do that?".  That was when I realized I must have found this gem and squirreled it away in my daily routine and never shared.

I can see this app being used for anything from explaining science concepts with links to demonstration videos to creating an instructional on how to make something where each component is tagged with a video on how to make the separate pieces.  I use it a lot in art class where we can add videos about the artist and the specific piece we are looking at, leading students to extended learning opportunities and expanded exploration of content.  Check out the one I made on Chihuly below.  The link to the Interactive pic is here

No comments:

Post a Comment