Thursday, February 23, 2012

Animals that can help our little ones get ready to read

There are two sites I have hoped to share with you for while that can give our Preschool through 1st grade students some help getting ready to read.  The first, is Scholastic's Building Language for Literacy whiteboard-ready activities that feature Leo, the letter loving lobster, Reggie the rhyming rhino, and Nina the naming newt.
I have to thank a colleague of mine for finding Leo and his friends who give you three games to play either alone or as a group.

The next site is probably a little more for the younger students (my 3YO thinks it is the best) is Alphabetimals
which is a great resource for teaching letters and sounds.
As I sat down with this site open to look at, my daughter came running into the room and immediately sequestered my laptop and began flipping the interactive book, clicking on both the animal and word sounds.  Great illustrations as well as the ability to type in the box at the bottom of the site to see your words in alphabetimals letters makes for this a nice site for kids to work on their own with.



No comments:

Post a Comment