Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Doodlers Unite!

After trying most of the note-taking and organization apps out there, I have come a conclusion:  Sometimes you cannot beat good old-fashioned pencil and paper.  For the last 3 years, I have been able to use my 5.5X8.5" Molskine notebook with grid lines to pretty much accomplish organizing my thoughts.  Each year I have filled one and then I place it on a bookshelf at home.  My hopes are that one day my daughter will have stacks of note/sketchbooks to look at to remember her father.  DaVinci I am not, but it's something that I have started to do and I am not looking back.
The visual learner in me loves to use paper notes because I am not constricted to margins, size, or any electronic organizing principle.  I can write wherever I want.  Mostly, The paper notes also make it easier for me to draw pictures, which is the most important aspect to my note-taking and thought organization.  So to say it plainly:  I am a doodler.  This looks unprofessional and immature in meetings, but I have found some proof that my note-taking strategies are actually quite helpful to linear thinkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment